Sunday, August 27, 2006

Tomorrow

I have had some strange things going on with my nether regions while on vacation with my in-laws. First was my period. Not so strange, actually. Pretty run of the mill for a first period after a miscarriage, I guess. When I think about it, however, it is the first one I've had since April 10. (Two pregnancies in between, with no cycle between those. Talk about an eager beaver. But I digress.)

So, then I had some spotting. I am guessing that my new bodily ritual is to spot when I ovulate. Yippee! Hooray! Now I can analyze the Rorschach inkblot in my undies and know that in exactly two weeks I'll get my period again. From what I've read (on the Internet, of course) the spotting/ovulating connection is quite normal.

But how about when the spotting happens again the next day? Then subsides. Then happens again the next day and subsides. A little freaky for this girl with formerly zero inkblots during eggdrop.

I will mention it to my RE during my BIG CALL tomorrow, during which I will find out how my ovaries are doing. (Yes, I did, in fact, wait as instructed, to call about my FSH, et. al. test results.)*

I'm feeling nervous about this discussion. I haven't spent too much time thinking about it, and only googled FSH once while on vacation.** But from what I read, this could be a crushing blow in the whole fertility fight. I have to believe that I (and by association, my ovaries) are normal, fine, functioning as needed. But I also fervently believed that about the last pregnancy. So it is within the realm of possibility that I am wrong about this, also. Damn secondary infertility and it's kung-fu-like vice grip on my unflapability. (Is that even a word?)

What else can I tell you? (Plenty. I just spent a week with my in-laws for Pete's sake! I'll save it for another post, though.)

*(Okay, that's a lie. I called during vacation, but at exactly 4:03pm EST on a Wednesday, the phones were already on service. I took this as a sign that I should just give up until I got home.)

**There were no less than four laptop computers, complete with a wireless router, operating at any one time in the rental house during this sojourn. I have a little trouble with how my in-laws "vacation." Not enough to keep me from utilizing said laptops to check in on other's blogs and google FSH, mind you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home