Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What I have learned...

...from washing my car with my daughter:

1) she will try to drink from the nozzle whether it is set to "Full," "Shower," "Center," etc.;

2) getting a face full from point blank range is not nearly as upsetting to her as feared by her mother;

3) do not busy her with the task of spraying one side of the car while working on the other. It will not go in my favor;

4) watching her maneuvre the business end of a hose/nozzle is invariably more entertaining than having a clean car;

5) washing my car makes absolutely no difference to its appearance;

6) letting her "accidentally" spray me with the hose is more fun than staying dry, especially when she instructs "come closer. No, closer!" and purposefully directs me with her hands as to where to stand.

If only every twenty-minute activity were as fulfilling as washing my car (or not, as the case may be) .

3 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger DD said...

We also have learned that the brush for the tires is great for scratching the car paint; washing the drive way and trees; and combing the kitty. Usually, all at once.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Kathy McC said...

Very cute!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger theoneliner said...

that's so sssswwwweeeeeettttttt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home