Thursday, November 16, 2006

Pants Afire

I am somewhat reluctant to admit this. Despite all of my optimistic proclamations of late, tonight as I packed for my Thanksgiving travels, I actually made a conscious effort to include dark underwear. Just in case. I feel sick, exposed, weak. How optimistic must I really be feeling?

Liar, liar.

I cannot believe that this is what I have been reduced to. Feeling like a grade-A risk taker because I packed more white cotton BVDs than black.

So, the nauseau which was my friend only a few days ago, has decided to become sporadic. At best. Fine, fine. No worries. Constapation still hangs his hat here, er, there, er wherever. Boobs tender? Check. Inappropriate anger at husband? Full throttle in less than the time it takes him to ask "Is the dishwasher clean or dirty?" (Hey, Columbo. Open it up and take a look-see.) Oh, would you look at that. He doesn't even have to be in the room and the old temper flares.

I'm also hungy and prone to crave whatever I see on T.V. Last night (watching a tivoed Gilmore Girls), it was Korean...translated by my mind into noodles and vegetable dumplings. Today (watching Oobi--and by the way, if you have been so lucky as to go this far without having seen Oobi, do not seek it out), it was pizza. These things give me great hope, if also a little indigestion. Tonight, we fulfilled my need for genericized Korean (read: Chinese) and I just. kept. eating. About an hour later, my stomach finally realized that it was uncomfortably full. I've become a proverbial horse. Take the food away from me, or I'll eat until my stomach explodes.

Plus, I feel like I could sleep in the chair from whence I type. I absolutely blame the sleepiness on the pregnancy. Just this week, while lying with my daughter to help her nap (part of our ritual) I stayed in bed with her for over two hours! Usually, I'm up in about 15 minutes, despite any and all willingness on my part to continue sleeping. So, I took that as a sign that my body is in full manufacturing mode.

Well, I'm going to satiate that pesky need for rest. Tomorrow is a big day.

2 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger theoneliner said...

it will be so nice when you get thru the first trimester.

Tomorrow is the big day. Good luck and i can't wait to hear all about it.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Hetty Fauxvert said...

As I tell my DH sometimes -- there's nothing wrong with being optimistic! Sure, you may get slapped down sometimes -- but at least you won't have been miserable while the rest of your life was going on.

As for sleeping, it sure does sound like your body is really gearing up for this project! I basically slept my way through the first trimester. I was so exhausted all the time. Take another nap; you've earned it! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home