Friday, November 10, 2006

TGIF

Good news. Only good news. Today, for the first time, I have been given that precious gift of leaving my RE's office with only good news. No buts, no ifs, no howevers.

The ultrasound showed a gestational sac and a yolk sac. Which means I have avoided the blighted ovum possibility. It also showed an intrauterine pregnancy, which means I have avoided the ectopic thing.

The nurse just called with my numbers. After a day of not taking my progesterone pills, my own body seems to be doing just fine manufacturing the stuff. Twenty-two. They are still going to have me take it, and hey, what's a few more pills between friends?

My hcg blows my mind: 7658. On Halloween it was 112. Somebody do the math for me, because I just don't have the brain power right now. I think the formula is y + x to the square root of holy shit. The most I was hoping for was around 3600.

To use my RE's phrasing, the pregnancy is progressing "vigorously." I'll take that as a good thing. (He wasn't even sure that an ultrasound today would show anything. So, I'm jumping through these here hoops pretty nicely, as though I'm actually trained for it.)

I am currently exhausted, both emotionally and physically. As soon as I returned from my appointment, I picked up my daughter from the neighbor's house and took her three-year-old for the rest of the day (so she could visit her dad in the hospital). The three-year-old just got picked up. Meaning no nap for my little one, and more importanly, no nap for moi.

Plus, I am approaching my good news with optimistic caution. I am still not telling anyone (except for one dear friend). This is somewhat taxing for me. I have seen at least fourteen people today to whom I would have liked to shout my news. Not to mention that contraption the telephone. I could have done some real damage with that. I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Maturity. It's overrated.

The next time I post, I'll give you the story of my waiting room experience, which pretty much went in the toilet this time. Despite my efforts to reach out to those around me. It's not what you think. I just don't have the energy to do the story justice at the moment.

Go enjoy your weekends and have a glass of whatever for me. (Not Jim Beam, though. Never again Jim Beam.)

5 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, Blogger Kath said...

Dear Casey, that's great news! And may it continue to get better and better.

Jim Beam is overrated, too. :)

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger theoneliner said...

phewwww. well, i am happy for you sister. this IS the begining of a great thing.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Kathy McC said...

Wonderful news!

Hope you're feeling well. And I will stay away from the Jim Beam. Yuck!

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger Hetty Fauxvert said...

Oh, wow!!! Terrific news all around. Yay for you!!!

My DH and I decided to keep things under our hats until we hit 12 weeks ... and boy was that hard. OTOH, it spared me a lot of assvice (that I certainly didn't need while I was still having conniptions over whether things would stick or not). So you're right; keep your hand off that phone!

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger whatthef*ck said...

hey there. came by way of vicky's blog and laura's before that. i'm sweating out the firsttrimester after three past losses so i love a good "i'm pregnant" blog. congratulations on the good news. i'll be checking back frequently.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home